Meal Prep does NOT have to be all that difficult!
Living a healthier more active lifestyle may look difficult from afar, however when you start to look at preparation, saving time and staying organised throughout your week you will find out just how easy this can be!
THAT IS UNLESS YOU ARE A TOP LEVEL ATHLETE TRYING TO STAY IN PEAK PHYSICAL CONDITION 24/7! THAT SHIT WILL BE HARD! BUT EASIER WITH PROPER PREPERATION SO LISTEN UP!
There are many advantages of meal preparation and staying organised but here are my favourites!
- A sense of accomplishment, it may sound silly but having completed any task you know how that feels it build self value, you feel good about it and you feel ready to take on the day/week ahead!
- Building habits, if you spend the time to prepare your meals for the day/weeks ahead then you are going to WANT to make better lifestyle choices, I mean why go through the hassle of preparing meals for the week if you aren’t going to get your ass up and move around, get to the gym or go wild at the clubs over the weekend. preparing healthy meals for the week will have a great affect on your mind-set!
- Enjoying your meals! This one is definitely my favourite, anyone who knows us know how much we enjoy our food, if you are preparing your meals in advance you start looking for new meals, new ingredients to try and discover things that you didn’t even know existed. variety really is the spice of life! keep your prep varied to enjoy more!
Our top tips for meal preparation!
Again, there are many things to think about with meal preparation if you are to listen to EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANNIES views on it, however here are our top tips! THEY REALLY ARE SIMPLE, so here goes!
- Keep plenty of freezer space for your shopping! this sounds fairly obvious, however freezers can quite easily become full and very quickly, especially in our house when ice-cream or magnum ice-lollies are involved! the week leading up to getting started try and use or throwaway everything that you don’t want to be eating going forward! then fill that freezer up with kilos upon kilos of good nutritious foods!
- CHECK THE DATES! always check the best before dates on your foods before putting them in your basket, there’s nothing worse than getting all prepared only to find when you go to use it that its out of date and no good to you!
- TUPPERWARE DISHES! you have to have plenty of Tupperware dishes and all different sizes, This little set below is great, its under £10 and gives you 17 dishes. click the photo below to order from amazon.
I hope this is of some value to you, and please it would mean a lot if you would share our website with your friends and family who may benefit from it!
Charlie and Lisa (The Health Heroes)